Wednesday, July 29, 2009

1 Day Before the Wedding

Friday, July 24

This morning all the guys went golfing at Jackson Hole Golf & Tennis Club...the pics are awesome! Nothing like watching that little white ball go sailing past some really big mountains with snow on top! :)

Meanwhile, I hung out on the roof top of my hotel in a hot tub with my friends...now that is relaxing! Audrey & Jo Anne had even more relaxation at the spa in Hotel Terra - one facial and one massage.

Afterwards, us girls all went to the ranch to ride horses. Audrey (Mike's sister) had never rode before, but she did spectacular! Now me on the other hand, who has ridden many times before, was given a horse as tall as Sears Tower! After my attempt to climb up my horse, the Cowboy/Ranger/Leader guy had to hoist me up onto the saddle...and by "hoist" I mean push me up firmly by my "assets"!!! It was SO embarrassing! After we got going, we quickly found out that Audrey and Lauren's horses were BFF's and that Audrey's horse was just hungry! Then the rain came and boy was it cold. So cold that when our hour was up and I rapelled off of my horse, my hand was stuck in a hook-like postion from holding the reins in the cold! What better way to fix that? That's right, going to the hot tub again!

Usually the night before a wedding, the wedding party gathers at the church to reherse the ceramony. Looking back now, I'm thinking that's what we should have done. But due to the simplicity of our wedding, we felt all of that was unnecessary so we all just went to dinner! We went to Nikai Sushi in downtown Jackson. Our parents were a bit skeptical about this sushi joint, but they were troppers and tried a California Roll!

The night ended after yet again, another visit to the Mangey Moose!

No comments: